Wednesday, October 10, 2007

eMusic.com Does Audiobooks!

I've been on eMusic.com for a while now, and am still enjoying it, getting to explore a host of new music for a very reasonable price. Imagine my surprise, then, when I went onto their website a week or so ago, and saw that they're now offering audiobooks.

It's a separate subscription and a separate price, but for $10/month, you can download an audiobook in MP3 format, completely free of DRM. (Which means I can copy it and listen to it on any of my computers as well as my MP3 player, which doesn't do DRM, thank you very much.)

As I'm not terribly literate, I can't really say much about their selection, but in half an hour's looking, I found plenty to pique my interest. I've pulled down Douglas Adams' Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and C. S. Lewis' Screwtape Letters so far, and have them in my queue along with my podcasts and Librivox books, and while something tells me I shouldn't be quite this excited about this, I've got a queue of books that I want a year or more long, and I'm really planning to enjoy this service.

No comments: