Thursday, July 21, 2005

War of the Worlds

Wife and I went to see War of the Worlds a while back. She was pretty impressed, but I was barely whelmed.

I do have to say that I liked the effects. There were a few things that they did that were quite impressive. But the story was kind of blah, and while I'm sure the intent was for us to not like Tom Cruise's character at the beginning, I never really changed my opinion of him, even by the end.

<Minor Spoilers Ahead>

Another thing I didn't quite care for was that, out of a two hour movie, the first 1:45 of it involved showing us getting trounced. Granted, given the ending, there wasn't a whole lot else to do, but after that much of the movie, I was getting weary from seeing the humans get kicked around.

Anyway, reading the original book and seeing the original movie are now somewhere on my list of things to do, but not very high up, (meaning that unless Wife rents the movie or sees it on TV, I probably won't watch it).

No comments: