Friday, February 03, 2006

A Picture from Flickr

I'm thinking I might just post links to a few of my favorite train pictures on Flickr. I subscribe to a few train-related RSS feeds, and add a few to my favorites list every day. Thus far, I'm up to almost 800 images. (Don't worry, I won't post them all here.)



This one has many of the things I love in a good train picture. I love long shots (i.e. shots taken with a 300mm or longer lens); I love trackwork (even simple stuff like sidings); I love signals (and the implication that they're controlling the flow of traffic). Add to that the fact that it's some place I've never been (Japan), and that I'm finding a growing love of passenger trains, and this one's a winner all the way around.

(Click on the image to go to the Flickr page.)

No comments: