Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Still Running

I'm still running, in more ways than one. My 2nd time out, I overdid it a bit, going 1 mile in 10:26, but in intervals. Yes, I'm still pretty darn weak, mostly in my CV; my legs performed without complaint.

I've also noticed that since I'm not going to run in serious cold or in the dark, I'm rather limited to nice Saturday afternoons. So I've started doing other things to try to get my CV up to where my legs are. A guy named John Walker put together an online book called The Hackers Diet: How to lose weight and hair through stress and poor nutrition. In it, he includes a fitness ladder thing where you increase a few number of calisthenics over time. I've been doing push-ups and sit-ups already, and have added the running-in-place and jumping-jacks, just at the most basic level and working up.

So hopefully by spring, I'll be able to actually run a mile steady at a slow pace, and work up. Here's hoping, anyway.

No comments: