Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My Continued Keyboard Efforts

My efforts to play keyboard are coming along quite well, (or, at least, are still quite a bit of fun, which is most of my personal battle). I'm sort of balancing myself between using the book (in my case, Bastien's Adult Book 1) and making stuff up. Actually, I'm just about finished with Bastien's Book 1, and about to start poking around with Alfred's Book 2, (both of which I already had on the shelf; gotta start with what ya got).

Another book that I'm thinking about using for ideas (that's actually billed as being an idea book) is How to Write Songs on Guitar by Rikky Rooksby, which I got last time I was trying to learn guitar. It has chapters on chord fingerings (useless for keyboard) and lyric writing (not of interest to me at the moment), but has a really nice catalog of chord progressions that I can play around with. If I actually start using it, I'll post more about it.

No comments: