Monday, October 31, 2005

Robots

We got this one off Netflix.com, and then managed by coincidence to have Sister-in-law get Son a copy for his birthday. It's pretty fun, and darn pretty to watch as well. (If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a sucker for animation eye candy.)

Overall, the story on this one was decent; nothing to write home about, but fun. One thing that did grab me was the emphasis on what a throwaway culture we have. I've long wanted, for instance, simpler cars, and ones that don't become obsolete. But, as it's not a priority for the buying public, it's not going to happen from manufacturers. But, I digress...

And did I mention that it's pretty? (Oh yeah, I did.) William Joyce was involved in its making (I forget if he was director or producer or what); he did the Roly Poly Olie show on one of the cable channels, which I really liked as well, and Robots has a very similar feel to it. (Art Deco, is it?)

So I'm looking forward to watching the copy we have again. Decent stuff.

No comments: