Friday, January 07, 2005

Tipping the Scales

I fell off the wagon over the holidays. The low-carb wagon, that is. And beefed myself back up a few pounds. A couple of times I at least figured out where the wagon was, even if I didn't climb back on. It's now time to climb back on and fasten my seatbelt.

And exercise, too. Now that the basement is finished (mostly), I can spend a bit of time in the evenings exercising (on our stationary bike, watching MST3K episodes I've downloaded).

And on New Years Day, Son and I went running. Yeah, he's 8, but they have him running around a track at school, and he gets excited about telling us how far he's gone. And I think I blogged the 1-mile fun run we did back in late October. So we went 1 mile, walking .1 and running .1, times 5. It's got me wanting to figure out if I can enjoy running as another form of exercise.

See, I love running on the beach. It's hard for me to go to the beach and not run as far as my legs, lungs and heart will carry me. (Yeah, and then crawl back.) But I've never been able to translate that into running at home. Part of it is the scenery, I'm sure, but I'm going to look into better shoes and easing my way up on miles (and down on pounds) as well. I really doubt I'll be doing any distances (even more than a couple of miles), but we'll see.

No comments: