Monday, November 01, 2004

Tunecast II Blew a Fuse

I hopped in the car to take Son to school this morning, and my Belkin Tunecast II FM Transmitter wouldn't turn on. The LED on the power adapter wasn't coming on, even. I checked my car's fuses, and they were fine, and I saw nothing that I could do with the adapter itself. I tried plugging something else into the cigarette lighter, and that worked fine. So I pulled up the belkin.com site, and fired off an email to support.

And minutes later, picked up the power adapter, and saw that the tip end screws off, revealing another fuse. Mine's blown. Rats. Why don't these things reveal themselves until after you've emailed support?

So now I get to find a fuse. I'm pretty sure the problem was in having the mini-plug touch the coins in my ashtray while still plugged in. Next time, I unplug it from the cig lighter before I unplug it from the transmitter.

No comments: