Wednesday, September 08, 2004

www.bloglines.com site

A while back, I was into blog reading. I poked around on www.syndic8.com, and collected a bunch of semi-interesting pages that I checked regularly. I then trashed it all, for two reasons.

First, the software didn't do exactly what I wanted. I tried several different options, and found them all wanting. And didn't feel like rolling my own. Second, it was taking too much time.

Well, the second reason may still apply, but I've found the solution to the first. www.bloglines.com. It's web-based, it maintains history of the sites I'm interested in (especially the popular and frequently updated ones, like Slashdot, and basically just works. They even let me export my list, and put it on my blog (you'll see it on the bottom left). Just a general piece of coolness.

No comments: