Friday, June 18, 2004

Sarah McLachlin - Mirrorball

Musically nice, pretty vocals, lousy lyrics. Welcome to pop music.

I borrowed this one from Amos, and even trying really hard to work while I listened to it, and ignore the lyrics, some really dark crap shone through. Some kind of profanity on most of the tracks I stuck with, something depressing on all of them. And she's popular. So, does nobody listen to the words but me, or something? Or is the world really going to hell in a handbasket? (Whatever happened to Phil Collins, or Steely Dan, who never wrote a line that ever made sense in their whole career?)

I listened to the first few tracks (actually skipped out on the first one), read the lyrics in the liner notes, and gave it back. Man, find me something positive and uplifting.

No comments: